TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62497 Posts in 4597 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  Ford Racing
| |-+  Clevelands (Moderator: wildcobrar)
| | |-+  Super boss head
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Super boss head  (Read 2772 times)
Anthony

Always looking out for the little guy

« on: March 17, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »

Has anyone ever dealt with this company before,looking at there cyl head as a option,they claim it has a 66cc quench style chamber and will work with Cleveland style pop up pistons.i am waiting to hear back on how large the intake port is and am hoping maybe with a little fill work my intake will work with it
What do you guys think..

http://www.powerheads.com/superboss351c.html
Not the sharpest tool but I'm still in the shed
blykins

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:39 AM »

I'd be afraid that they are Pro Comp junk.  Parker is not making Funnel Webs either, and Pro Comp has a nice copy of those. 
Anthony

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

I'd be afraid that they are Pro Comp junk.  Parker is not making Funnel Webs either, and Pro Comp has a nice copy of those.

That's what I was afraid of,I think there are a couple of company's like Avenger who are doing some great stuff with these heads but with the amount of work they put into them they really aren't a procomp head anymore,but one still has too dick with intakes to work with them,it is looking more and more like CHI 4v are my only option..
blykins

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:43:28 AM »

You can't go wrong with CHI stuff.  They're about the only head manufacturer that I've found that doesn't inflate their flow numbers.  Every set I've checked out of the box have come in as advertised....same on Joe Craine's bench.  Seems like AFR and TFS are always 15-20 cfm low and need work to get back up to advertised spec.
DragBoss

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:03:53 AM »

I know guy that bought their Aussie 2v , was not impressed with them and flowed nothing that they claimed, also poor customer service
408 Cleveland, 9.69 at 136mph with a 1.27 60 ft. Just starting to fine tune.
Brian S

Clevelands Rock
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »

Have you considered ported Trick Flow 225 C heads? I believe they offer an optional 72cc closed chamber.
http://www.totalengineairflow.com/products-page/products/cnc-ported-cylinder-heads/ford/cleveland/trick-flow-225cc-cnc-ported-cleveland-heads/
Anthony

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »

Have you considered ported Trick Flow 225 C heads? I believe they offer an optional 72cc closed chamber.
http://www.totalengineairflow.com/products-page/products/cnc-ported-cylinder-heads/ford/cleveland/trick-flow-225cc-cnc-ported-cleveland-heads/

I sent them an email,I'll let you know what they say. It amazes me with all the 4v intakes floating around out there including 4 that I own that only one company offers a cyl head that will work with the 4v intakes we all own.
R.Olds

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »

I still have a few sets of the BT 3.6 avail for $1550.00 pair....... :grin:
I was Anti Obama before it became popular.....
Anthony

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »

[/quote

Can you give me more info on them ,combustion chamber type,what intakes are compatible.
Bam54

PONYEXPRESS RACING
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »

The BT's and the trick flows can not use a Cleveland designed dome piston. If you have flat tops the Trick flow will work but I think the BT's have a little bit different valve lay out not positive on that. Are you starting from scratch or are you trying to just upgrade to a better head? The CHI use stock valve placement and they do have a chamber available that a cleveland dome piston will work in. My CHI's use a yates style combustion chamber.

Bam
"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run"
92 coupe CHI headed 454ci windsor 9.24@142 1.3060ft N/A 3050lbs
R.Olds

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »

[/quote

Can you give me more info on them ,combustion chamber type,what intakes are compatible.

Bam is correct, you would need a custom piston if using a dome. As far as valve placement, I did use off the shelf C pistons for the 408 I did and had no issues with PTV.
Intake choices depend on whether it is 9.5 or 9.2 deck, more being available for the 9.2. Pretty much anything that fits the C3 yates, will fit the BT 3.6
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:09:24 PM by R.Olds » Logged
Anthony

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 04:46:56 PM »

The BT's and the trick flows can not use a Cleveland designed dome piston. If you have flat tops the Trick flow will work but I think the BT's have a little bit different valve lay out not positive on that. Are you starting from scratch or are you trying to just upgrade to a better head? The CHI use stock valve placement and they do have a chamber available that a cleveland dome piston will work in. My CHI's use a yates style combustion chamber.

Bam

That is exactly what I am doing a upgrade,my current build is running arias pop ups and my spare engine has speed pro pop ups and I have another set waiting on the shelf,like I've mentioned before it looks like chi is my only option but by the time they land at my door with the optional quench chamber it over 2 grand for a bare set of heads,to me anyways that sounds a bit steep compared to others out there.
Brian S

Clevelands Rock
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »

I think the BT's have a little bit different valve lay out not positive on that. Bam

If you're talking about valve angles, from what I understand the 3.6s are the same as Cleveland. That was in the rules for the Engine Master's Challenge a few years back that allowed them to compete. A head not having stock valve angles like Yates was considered a race design.
Anthony

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 07:13:46 AM »

Do you still have a set available ? How much too ship into Canada if you could check ,state of Alberta postal code T1S-1S6,from what I read a out them with a piston change they should work fine ,trying to get any info from TEA or CHI has been terrible not one response from TEA and one partial response out of 3 emails from CHI
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:01:36 PM by Anthony » Logged
R.Olds

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:34 AM »

Do you still have a set available ? How much too ship into Canada if you could check ,state of Alberta postal code T1S-1S6,from what I read a out them with a piston change they should work fine ,trying to get any icon from TEA or CHI has been terrible not one response from TEA and one partial response out of 3 emails from CHI

yes I do.....I have sold 4 sets, but the tax man a coming!!! so I decided to let a couple more sets go. Ill get a rate to your postal and send you a PM.

Rick
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »