TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
59162 Posts in 4269 Topics by 349 Members
Latest Member: silver408coupe
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  THE HEAD SHOP
| |-+  Flow Jobs to Valve jobs (Moderator: Is1BadFord)
| | |-+  Arao engineering (Dominion) 4-valve heads for SBF
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arao engineering (Dominion) 4-valve heads for SBF  (Read 1431 times)
Brent Clay

« on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »

I always wanted a pair of these back in the mid 90's when These came out... They are expensive and I do believe they can make great power without building an all out high compression, radical cam sbf.

If I would have just bought them back then, I would have a pretty cool and unique Windsor today, However, Just like with anything new, I was skeptical!

There is a lot of negative talk about Arao (Dominion) ripping people off and building junk in the early years.  They are making a comback now and the results are impressive. But, $7000-$11,000 for heads is crazy............ but you would have a cool factor!

Please chime in on what you know or have seen abou these heads...

http://araoengineering.com/

Brent
QuickShift5.0

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:59 AM »

How do you make a comeback after ripping people off? 
Brent Clay

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »

That's a good question.....I was wondering that myself!  I wonder if the person who is ranting good stuff about these heads on a few different forums is the owner of the company? Or is somehow related to the company.

Remember they have been sold! Its not Dominion anymore!

Brent
QuickShift5.0

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »

Yeah but how many companies have ripped people off then changed names once everyone caught on. Only to still be run by the same people.

Ever heard of PARE and Detroit Competition Engineering. Probably a few other names ran under the same guy, that screwed a lot of people.
Brent Clay

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »

I agree........ just like Cincinnati Composites... changed name to Champion hoods and I forget the other name....... still the same crappy hoods and the same cheat of an owner!

Its sad these companies are still in business!

I was hoping to talk about the heads mentioned and not all the other stuff.....let's get back on track please!

Brent
Brian S

Clevelands Rock
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »

I seem to remember Dominion advertising heads for around $3500 in the early 90s and ARAO buying them out several years later. I don't know how they're still in business. http://www.gt40s.com/forum/feedback-buyers-sellers-vendors/24097-fraud-arao-engineering-inc-buyer-beware.html
Kazoom

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »

Hi there is a lot of BAD info made by some on the net that really dont have a clue about these heads, I have a few sets and know a few others with these heads also.

There were two diffrent supplyers/companys of these 32V heads Dominion Performance and Arao Engineering with diffrent people invloved. Hal from Dominion never ever ripped anyone off and was selling Dominion brand parts/heads up till about mid 05 when he got sick and had just past away recently last year, his friend also got the last two sets/pair of 32V dominions heads recently. Most dont realize the Dominion version heads were cheaper to buy as Hal work from out of his home based buisness and did have his own web site in the past.

The other company in a diffrent cali location also made there own Arao 32V version heads. Arao has had some problems in the past with getting componets made/cast for there 32v version heads which is why prices were higher in the past. I know about the guy that spamed all the auto forums about getting ripped off and then suddenly dissapered, there were component problems but he did not get ripped off and did get his ONE OFF custom heads that no one else has. I posted about this on pg3-4 in the above gt40 link.

Anyway my Dominion ford version 32v heads cost $4000 new. The other Arao ford version 32v heads are $6500 new. I know that neither one of these guys/supplyers were getting rich making these custom heads as they are a pile of work to make.

a few pics...

info from the old Dominion Perf web site.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:39:16 AM by Kazoom » Logged
Brent Clay

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »

I love them, and love the low lift flow numbers wow!!!  Thanks for update and info on these heads.

I would like to see what kind of power they can make.... to see if they can produce a lot more than a normal in line or canted vavle head1

Brent
rmcomprandy

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »

Years ago, Ford Motorsport was in the process of doing something like that, also ... it 's demise was all about money.
There are a few of them running around
www.rmcompetition.com

The finest in Custom Engine Building for all venues ...!
1(586)909-1591 ... fax 1(586)771-2930
Selling Parts & Supplies from companies I use.
Kazoom

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »

AWESOME pics! of the factory sbf 32v pushrod version setup, I wonder if they ever designated a name for there ford setup?. Brent although the heads can make more power I was never interested in this, what I was always after was to make as much HP as the 2v race setups but with/in a Streetable package with a better torque curve. But anyway about hp, the 32v set above will be for a boosted/turbo setup and will make some nasty power.

Most dont know the dominion/arao 32v heads are modeled after the old weslake 32V heads.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29048&p=339990#p339990
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:48:01 PM by Kazoom » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »