TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 03:16:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62497 Posts in 4597 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  Ford Racing
| |-+  Clevelands (Moderator: wildcobrar)
| | |-+  TFS EFI intake
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TFS EFI intake  (Read 2809 times)
sbf

« on: October 22, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »

Trick Flows new EFI intake finally turned up the other day and thought I would post some pics for the Cleveland guys. 
First impressions are it looks like it should deliver the goods, I have converted some carbed C intakes to port injection in the past but this thing looks much better with virtually straight shot, high runners.... which are "aimed" directly at the intake valve.

There is probably enough material there to port match to a 4V head but generally the casting is not overly thick in that upper port area despite the large looking flange.  Matching to a CHI/Pro-comp style port would require a fair bit of filling/welding in the bottom of of runner.
Fits ok with a FP 1240 gasket though.

Injector is pointing directly at the back of the valve as well (aussie 2V)

I would think using a valley pan or welding a plate on the underside/creating some vent holes on the outside, would help get the heat out.... must be quite a heat trap the way it is.

Whilst the outer ports are "straight shot", the inners aren't quite as good.... but still ok imo.

Overall it looks pretty promising.... despite afew items that could improved upon, mainly for use with something other than 2V port locations. 
I surpose we can't grizzle.... atleast we are finally getting some EFI hardware for the Clevelands and will post up some results when i get some testing done if anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:09:46 PM by sbf » Logged
TooNuts
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 07:05:04 PM »

Thats what Trickflow told me at NMRA that there will be lots of material. Im waiting on my free heads so I cna put them into the 9s lol. Those some awsome pics btw
D.M.W.L  408 Clevor Engine,  6.08 @ 112mph .. Street Car with Race Features!
Thanks to the Lord and my friends. Joe,Monty,Bam,Robert and any other TNR member who has help me.
wildcobrar

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »

Interesting post.  This will be great to see how it develops for you.  Looks like you are having fun.

Joe
Junk 351C with 138 dollar cam, nail head exhaust valves, 9.8 to1 comp  10.74@128MPH  JUNK LOL 
Mainstream Auto & Speed selling anything Summit Racing offers@Summit Racing prices
Pro Systems & PROBE
Industries & YEAR ONE
Dealer
Blue Thunder Dealer(Great Discount Price)
VACATION NEEDED
jayh

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:21:37 AM »

nice

thanks for sharing

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
Mpcoluv

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »

How tall is that with the top?
That does not look like it will fit under a mustang's hood.
Still great to have it available.
sbf

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »

Height from valley flange to the top is just under 12".     Comparing that to say an Air-gap and holley, their combined height is around 10 1/2" .... and you need to get an air cleaner on it, there is probably not much difference between the two.

Thats what Trickflow told me at NMRA that there will be lots of material.

The material is there alright.... at the flange,  but to make a nice "seemless" transition and keep it "straight-shot", may be a struggle further up the port.  There is no slight port down-turn at the flange to align the port with the head, that most Cleveland stock port location intakes have.   

1969pony

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »

No way to get it under stock hood you will need 3" cowl min for foxbody
Coast High Perf 408 Clevor Trickflow 225's Trickflow Box R Intake TFS Stage III Cam DBX 97mm PMS Tuned Bob Hanlon Built TKO 600 Tuned by B&D Racing 494/485 N/A. Just your average So Cal Street Car!
sbf

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »

UPDATE -
I tried running this intake on a previous dyno test engine that used a "converted" EFI intake and a 110lsa.  The thing was running so bad using that tune it wasn't funny.  I played with it for awhile but decided it must have an intake leak and pulled it off to check..... it was fine.
So I figured I might as well change the cam out whilst its off for a more EFI friendly lsa and also decided to "air-gap" the intake as well.... from day one,  it really bugged me that the design was a real heat trap so I "fixed" the problem. 
It also takes some weight out of it, as its quite a heavy intake stock..... at the ends of the intake the aluminum is well over 1" thick in places !! 
This is what it looks like now ......

Anthony

Always looking out for the little guy

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »

UPDATE -
I tried running this intake on a previous dyno test engine that used a "converted" EFI intake and a 110lsa.  The thing was running so bad using that tune it wasn't funny.  I played with it for awhile but decided it must have an intake leak and pulled it off to check..... it was fine.
So I figured I might as well change the cam out whilst its off for a more EFI friendly lsa and also decided to "air-gap" the intake as well.... from day one,  it really bugged me that the design was a real heat trap so I "fixed" the problem. 
It also takes some weight out of it, as its quite a heavy intake stock..... at the ends of the intake the aluminum is well over 1" thick in places !! 
This is what it looks like now ......

Wow bet that took a bit of time,nice job looks real trick,how close to running that intake with the new cam are you..
Not the sharpest tool but I'm still in the shed
sbf

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »

It wasn't too bad time wise, I roughed it out on the mill and tidied it up with a dye grinder.
Am probably around a week away from having some results, am going to run the cam in with a carbed intake to side-step the tune issue, then swap intakes and sort the EFI tune out. 
Its currently on a very mild aussie 302C test engine I have been playing around with, its emphasis is on street manners with a max rpm in the 55-6000 rpm area. It won't be staying on there......
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »