TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 06:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
59351 Posts in 4283 Topics by 349 Members
Latest Member: Marc@Powered by Ford
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  TNR Motorcycles
| |-+  Drag Racing (Moderator: Ft. Campbell Busa)
| | |-+  Poor Man's Grudge Bike
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Poor Man's Grudge Bike  (Read 4292 times)
Ft. Campbell Busa

« on: December 22, 2010, 01:24:49 AM »

What would you think is a good ET to be competitive? How and what would you build? Only rule for this is the price of purchasing the bike (used) and building it cannot exceed the original MSRP new!

I will start it off by building a Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa. It would be a salvage titled bike which go for under 3K on PB.

1397 Je piston Stroker Kit
Brock cams
Wet Nitrous Kit, Nos mini controller used, NX pump, spray bar
Used swing arm
brock sidewinder (his maps)
slider
co2 shifter
non oring chain
lowering links
triple tree
sprockets 16t front 4? rear
ported stock head  w/valve job, spring upgrade

This combo should make 220HP on motor and 300 on a 80 wet shot which is fine. Most of these parts can be purchased used cutting down prices. I even saw this same motor on PB last month for sale for only $1K with a stock motor exchange!!!!!! Buying new and paying labor for everything would take this over the 10K limit quickly. Brock has proven maps on race fuel for this exact motor which will drastically reduce tuning costs. After a severe weight loss removing everything not needed on bike should net a good 40 pounds easy from stock weight. Any additional money saved buying used could go to buying a grudge tank, BST wheels, shock, etc... Bike should run easily run mid 8s or lower when set up on motor alone. Jeremy. Teasley recently took a 3mil with a sidewinder, hand clutch, etc (streetbike) that was not his down the track and ran 8.19 with less junk than above. I think this can be built and affordable for most and fast enough to make to be competitive on gas. Most importantly is it should be very reliable! Your thoughts?

Fast Nasty
2007 GSXR 1000 Lock up, N2O, Sidewinder, stretched, and slammed 5 sec street bike!
Turbo Nasty
83 Buick T-Type.....87 GN Intercooled, Meth Injected, 70mm Turbo, BG down pipe, Magnaflow, 60lb Inj!
Black Nasty
2006 GSXR 1300(SOLD)
yzfone

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »

Its still a busa :scooter:
2006 Mustang GT-mostly stock
I now have a 2009 ZX-14 (to kick FT Campbell Little Bee's butt)
Ft. Campbell Busa

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:43:25 AM »

Its still a busa :scooter:

I suggested that due to the aftermarket and parts available used which would keep cost down. Looking at all 1K and up CC bikes they are not to far off by much if you can afford it. I saw a 1070 kit for a Gixx 1K that made close to the same hp as the above but the cost was much higher.
Fast Nasty
2007 GSXR 1000 Lock up, N2O, Sidewinder, stretched, and slammed 5 sec street bike!
Turbo Nasty
83 Buick T-Type.....87 GN Intercooled, Meth Injected, 70mm Turbo, BG down pipe, Magnaflow, 60lb Inj!
Black Nasty
2006 GSXR 1300(SOLD)
Brent Clay

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 12:04:06 PM »

220 hp at the crank.... im hoping...... because it is very VERY HARD to get a 1397 to go 220 hp to the tires! .

Brent
Ft. Campbell Busa

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »

220 hp at the crank.... im hoping...... because it is very VERY HARD to get a 1397 to go 220 hp to the tires! .

Brent

Maybe 10 years ago, lol.....Guys are geting that and more easily out of a street 1397 build...............Another 10hp  from a custom cam, ported, head, higher compression pistons, and race fuel sounds reasonable. I know you have heard of this guy!

http://www.carpenterracing.com/hayabusa.htm

Fast Nasty
Turbo Nasty
Black Nasty
2006 GSXR 1300(SOLD)
Brent Clay

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »

Busa..... I know All about the 1397 and carpenter cylinder heads....just messin with ya to see what ya know.......

Life long friend of mine is still into bikes big time....I gave it up many years ago to concentrate funds toward racing the mustang....

He has a 1397 on pump gas, Brock cams,Carpenter head, Brock pipe , power Commander and I forget whatelse....but I k ow on Ryan Schnitz Dyno....with is low by most standards.....his bike put out 218 with a Shenko tire.

So with stock rear tire he would easily be over 220 HP at the rear....

Back in the day I had a mean little 1992 gsxr 750 that would place well in a bike show and a dyno match.........EVER SEEN AM OLD AIR COOLED 750 gixer lay down 144 HP at the rear tires.....all motor......

Yep a big bore 1186 .....lmao :) only my close friends knew about it........it was fun to say the least......I miss the old bike days.....

Other best friend had the first turbocharged zx11 in the first street bike shootout in 1993.....didn't run quickest ET.......but he destroyed them on Mph... 172.6 mph.... 6 inch over on stock tire.....and would only run 8.70. .....could not holeshot a turbo bike back then......oh the stories I could tell and the first one off parts made to get this combo to work...........un real.......only to get beat by a big bore nitrous motor..............60' is where its won and lost!
Ft. Campbell Busa

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:25:43 PM »

You got be Brent and wow you know your stuff! 218 on a Shinko (known to dyno lower like you mentioned) would put him just over the 220. Glad you stopped bye this side of the boards. You seem to know your stuff and could really contribute!
Fast Nasty
Turbo Nasty
Black Nasty
2006 GSXR 1300(SOLD)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »