TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2017, 05:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62495 Posts in 4596 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  TRACK SMACK
| |-+  Drag Race events (Moderator: TooNuts)
| | |-+  2016 Big Block Ford sponsored Race; all Fords welcome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2016 Big Block Ford sponsored Race; all Fords welcome  (Read 972 times)
rmcomprandy

« on: March 06, 2016, 07:04:42 PM »

Like every year, the weekend before the "Hot Rod Reunion", at Beach Bend the Big Block Ford group has a get together at US 60 Dragway, (June 10 & 11), in Hardinsburg, Kentucky; 1/8 mile dragstrip with shaded or open grass pits and paved roads.
It is now officially called, "Annual Ford Memorial Shootout Race" in honor of those Ford racers who were a part in racin' right up until they left us.
This race / get together makes no money but, a small entry fee is charged simply to pay for the track rental and crew and 100% race payout.
US 60 Dragway, (they have a website; www.US60dragracing.com), runs their regular weekend programs on Friday & Saturday nights separate so, you can do a LOT of racin' if you wish.

This race is put together mainly because it is a great time to get everything straightened out in the race vehicle right before the Hot Rod Reunion Race in the same part of the country with a whole day of test and tune before their race the next day; there is also a Ford only QUICK 8, (or 16 depending upon car count).
But, it is more than just a race because a lot of people, (without race vehicles), show-up just to spectate and make new Ford friends, rub elbows, share their bar-b-ques with everyone else like one big happy family, do a lot of bench racin' and tradin' or selling parts to other Ford people with kind-of a free lance swap meet and also just havin' some impromptu grudge race or gamblers race fun.

Call Wes Littrell for particulars 573 259-3089
or
woodracer.trailer.fabrication@gmail.com
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:08:49 PM by rmcomprandy » Logged
www.rmcompetition.com

The finest in Custom Engine Building for all venues ...!
1(586)909-1591 ... fax 1(586)771-2930
Selling Parts & Supplies from companies I use.
rmcomprandy

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:47:03 AM »

Like every year, the weekend before the "Hot Rod Reunion", at Beach Bend the Big Block Ford group has a get together at US 60 Dragway, (June 10 & 11), in Hardinsburg, Kentucky; 1/8 mile dragstrip with shaded or open grass pits and paved roads.
It is now officially called, "Annual Ford Memorial Shootout Race" in honor of those Ford racers who were a part in racin' right up until they left us.
This race / get together makes no money but, a small entry fee is charged simply to pay for the track rental and crew and 100% race payout.
US 60 Dragway, (they have a website; www.US60dragracing.com), runs their regular weekend programs on Friday & Saturday nights separate so, you can do a LOT of racin' if you wish.

This race is put together mainly because it is a great time to get everything straightened out in the race vehicle right before the Hot Rod Reunion Race in the same part of the country with a whole day of test and tune before their race the next day; there is also a Ford only QUICK 8, (or 16 depending upon car count).
But, it is more than just a race because a lot of people, (without race vehicles), show-up just to spectate and make new Ford friends, rub elbows, share their bar-b-ques with everyone else like one big happy family, do a lot of bench racin' and tradin' or selling parts to other Ford people with kind-of a free lance swap meet and also just havin' some impromptu grudge race or gamblers race fun.

or

I have been informed that an IHRA accredited person will be there doing chassis certification ... IHRA not NHRA.
www.rmcompetition.com

rmcomprandy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 07:33:56 AM »

or

I have been informed that an IHRA accredited person will be there doing chassis certification ... IHRA not NHRA.

A few fun type things have been added like "Best right off the trailer first time trial" $500.00

Separate bracket winners will face off for an additional $100.00

www.rmcompetition.com

rmcomprandy

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »

I just found out that the nostalgia old time straight axle, stick shift GASSERS are going to be a show during the regular Saturday night program.

That oughta be fun to watch.
www.rmcompetition.com

rmcomprandy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:59 PM »

I am walking out the door in about 5 minutes to be on my way to US-60 Dragway ... hope some of you guys are there.
www.rmcompetition.com

rmcomprandy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »

I just got home a couple hours ago and I can't envision any race outing where I have had a more enjoyable time.

Everybody helping everybody else go faster during the "test and tune" all day Friday without any reserves for who was actually going to win.  It was about trying to get every FORD racer to be at their best.  Most of us there don't even know who won but, some people DID take home some money.

I think there were more people there without a race car than with one as a community of race MINDED people trying to become better racers as well as  comrads.  Sharing breakfasts and bar-b-ques in the pits was all over the place.

The surprise "FREE" pig roast pic-nic on Saturday afternoon just added to it all.

What a great time ... I am already looking forward toward next year.
www.rmcompetition.com

ammosteve

Steve Daniels

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »

Bam and I wish we could have been able to be there but we had a NMRA race in National Trail Raceway.  Hopefully next year we can make it.
rmcomprandy

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 09:32:55 PM »

Bam and I wish we could have been able to be there but we had a NMRA race in National Trail Raceway.  Hopefully next year we can make it.

It is the same weekend every year ... the weekend before Father's Day and the Hot Rod Reunion at Beach Bend in Bowling Green, KY.
You would be very welcome and it would be great to see you there.

People show-up from distant places like Upper Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Washington state, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Georgia, Florida, Colorado even Australia and the list goes on.
Having your race car there is not a necessity as half the people show-up out of being like minded and want to "rub elbows" with others who think like they do... the race car count is usually near the 30's but, the people count is usually in the hundreds.
Then Friday and Saturday nights are the track regular programs so, the car count triples with all brands.

The best time for me is the Friday "test & tune" where so many people are helping everyone else go faster, and then race against them tomorrow.

There was a guy there who had a 4,200 pound, 1971 Torino street car, (557" carbureted), with a complete E-85 fuel system and it just wouldn't run right. With lent parts he changed back entirely to pump gasoline and proceeded to go 6.80; almost 3 tenths faster.
He is from Pennsylvania and this is the only car event he feels comfortable being a part of, because he is normally a Tractor Puller.

Scenarios like that, (simply not as drastic), were all over the place.  A guy who broke his 9 inch ring & pinion was back racing in a couple hours with a lot of labor help from people who know what they are doing and a borrowed center section.  A slightly different gear ratio but, he went faster so, he learned something to boot.

It is really difficult to explain THAT atmosphere to anyone.  Witnessing it first hand is the only way.
www.rmcompetition.com

my63

Defending myself from the DLWM crowd

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »

That sounds like a very fun event. It sucks being so far away from cool races like that!
1963 Fairlane Bracket Car, 408", C-4, Canfields, Vic Jr. E-85
Thanks to: Mark Sullens, www.marksullense85carburetors.com www.rebco-machine.com
TooNuts
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »

Man !!  :tongue:
D.M.W.L  408 Clevor Engine,  6.08 @ 112mph .. Street Car with Race Features!
Thanks to the Lord and my friends. Joe,Monty,Bam,Robert and any other TNR member who has help me.
rmcomprandy

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

Man !!  :tongue:

The Big Block Ford Sponsored event is the same time every year.  June 9th & 10th 2017 is this coming year's get together.
www.rmcompetition.com

TooNuts
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »

I might be able to make this years.
D.M.W.L  408 Clevor Engine,  6.08 @ 112mph .. Street Car with Race Features!
Thanks to the Lord and my friends. Joe,Monty,Bam,Robert and any other TNR member who has help me.
rmcomprandy

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 09:10:12 PM »

I might be able to make this years.

With the "test an tunes" the Ford index race on Friday ... then the US60 track regular program on Friday night ... the Ford Reunion bracket races on Saturday ... then again, the US60 track regular program on Saturday night ... someone can put near 50 runs on their vehicle if they want ...

AND, only have to tow to the track and back ... ONE time.

Addition:  Same contacts as last year.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:11:50 PM by rmcomprandy » Logged
www.rmcompetition.com

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »