TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62495 Posts in 4596 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  Chevy Engines & LS1's
| |-+  Camaro's & Trans AM (Moderator: Junk)
| | |-+  LT1 heads
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LT1 heads  (Read 1401 times)
jayh

« on: October 22, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »

work in progress-

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
jayh

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 04:32:32 AM »

this is the only other pic I have right now. Im pretty happy with the throat and the bowl but this casting is pretty limited over the turn and at the pinch. maybe I should have one flowed I was thinking in the 275 area who knows. they are going on a budget budget combo just gonna be a daily driver z28. hoping itll go 12.0 maybe high 11's on a 355 with headers and a hot cam. the intake is getting alot of work as well

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
jayh

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »

still a work in progress

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
347HO

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »

Your runners sure are bumpy Jay...   you gonna put more work into them or are you done effing with them?
jayh

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »

I did this for free for a buddy on a super low budget project I was trying to teach him and get him to do it and learn but hes antsy to get them on the car so I dont know how much work they will get. I realize the entry is pretty ugly I was more concerned with tuning and shaping the pinch, the area over the turn and the throat. I stopped and snapped that pic in the middle of going over it with sanding rolls so theres chunks of shit and dust in there

they could use a lot more work but hes really not feeling it and the casting is limiting us to what we can do. its budget deal that hes not even sure if hes gonna keep now. its hard to put love into someone elses stuff they dont have much interest in. this is a younger guy who owns these, besides to really wake this head up it would need weld around the spring seats and where the pushrod ridesand even then the layout of the gasket is smaller than conventional sbc

we picked up almost 20% more area and now the port should be more in tune with the stock 1.94 valve. its got a 90.5%throat its in the 2.20 range over the turn and around 2.0 at the pinch. it might not sound like much but they are quite a bit larger than stock. Ive got maybe 25hrs. I explained the deal already

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
jayh

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:35:28 AM »

Dana which bumps are you referring to? I think you might be seeing that it steps up into the bowl after the headbolt and the shortturn. intentionally done to try to get wide over the turn. alot of people like big bowls but I didnt do much with the backwall. its not the prettiest for sure. the entry looks goofy because its efi and im looking for area in a nutshell

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
jayh

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »

another shot I took

it is what it is I think they will make power over stock

truth is they could use a bunch more work in my mind

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
jayh

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:56:35 PM »

stock was 1.65 at the pinch, 1.65 over the turn and 86%throat

-=OLD SCHOOL=-
jayh