TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62498 Posts in 4597 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  SPORTS (Moderator: TooNuts)
| | |-+  fantasy football?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fantasy football?  (Read 1541 times)
kv racing
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:41:57 PM »

Anyone here play fantasy football? I got talked into joining a league at work. I had never played before, and after the way things are going now, probably wont play again. LOL
Bam54

PONYEXPRESS RACING
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »

Yeah I play every and I am the commissioner in one of the leagues I play in.

Bam
"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run"
92 coupe CHI headed 454ci windsor 9.24@142 1.3060ft N/A 3050lbs
FomocoBw

So I'm an "asshole" is that a Bad thing?

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:01:07 PM »

YA I play... My son and I started last year for the first time and I ended up winning it!  It's fun but I sure watch football differently. It's weird cheering for one player from one team. I had a situation two weeks ago where my defense was against my best running back... Lol. That was weird... Felt like I had multi personallitys! 
Just 'Cuz your "college" educated does NOT make you SMART!...

Ya, Its and Iron 4v head, Stock Iron Block Cleveland thats F@#k'n fast

Real race cars have THREE pedals.

"Life's tough,Pilgrim,it's tougher when you're stupid" ---The Duke

9.93@134+ 1.38 '60 best. 9" slick, single 4 no power adder.
kv racing
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 03:15:22 AM »

I'm 2-2 right now and have been hit with the injury bug harder than anyone else in our league. Most guys have one guy that's been hurt, but every tight end I have had on my roster  has been hurt, and at one point I had my starting QB and both starting RBs hurt at the same time. Add to it my first round pick was Calvin Johnson and he has played like crap the last couple of weeks, I'm kind of surprised I'm not 0-4.
Brent Clay

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 06:37:18 AM »

My son plays and he is also 2-2 right now. 
ammosteve

Steve Daniels

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 06:56:29 AM »

I know what you mean by the injury bug...first week I lost Jamal Charles, second week I lost Ryan Mathews and Vernon Davis...I put my back up tight end end the following week (Pita) and he gets hurt so I pick up Chris Paul and he gets a concussion.  I'm still with out a tight end.
kv racing
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »

I drafted Kyle Rudolph (the only TE I drafted), and he went out with an injury. So I picked up Paul off the waiver wire and he got knocked into next Christmas. So I traded one of my starting RBs (Doug Martin,who just came back from an injury) for Vernon Davis and he gets hurt, again.
289nate

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »

Won my fantasy baseball league this year.  Don't know near enough about football to waste my money on it. I'm football illiterate!
kv racing
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

I had never played before, and it was only 20 bucks to join, so I figured I would give it a shot. At this point, I dont think I will  be spending the 20 bucks to play again next year. :cursing:
kv racing
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 06:40:12 AM »

Just a little update on how a rookie's first season is going....it's crap. LOL
I was eliminated from the playoffs last week by the team with the second worst record in the league. Yay.  :death:
I am sitting at 5-7 right now.
Bam54

PONYEXPRESS RACING
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »

Don't feel bad I have been playing for years and had a terrible year this year both leagues I didn't make the playoffs.

Bam
"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run"
92 coupe CHI headed 454ci windsor 9.24@142 1.3060ft N/A 3050lbs
FomocoBw

So I'm an "asshole" is that a Bad thing?

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »

Our league still has one week of regular season after this weekends games . I've also have had a rough season .... My players have been under performing and sporadic... But WTF... I only do this because my son does and it gives us something to do together
Just 'Cuz your "college" educated does NOT make you SMART!...

Ya, Its and Iron 4v head, Stock Iron Block Cleveland thats F@#k'n fast

Real race cars have THREE pedals.

"Life's tough,Pilgrim,it's tougher when you're stupid" ---The Duke

9.93@134+ 1.38 '60 best. 9" slick, single 4 no power adder.
kv racing
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »

I took the worst beating I've had all season today, and of course it was from the team with the worst record in the league. Right now the score is 151-77 and we each have one guy left to play.  I have Denver's defense to play, and he has Miami's QB. He may end up beating me by 100 pts.
I did set one record this year, fewest points scored in a game. One week I managed to score a whopping 32 pts. I broke the previous record by 10 pts. LOL

Yeah, we have one week of regular season left after today as well.
kv racing
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 06:34:12 AM »

My first regular season is over. I finished 5-9. Everyone at work is telling me thats not bad for the first year playing, but my goal was to finish .500, so to me it sucked. I've had several other people in the league tell me their first time playing they only won 1 or 2 games and that I did ok. I did go back and look at my draft the other day. Boy, what a train wreck that was. LOL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »