TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 05:08:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62496 Posts in 4597 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  Modified Parts
| |-+  Technical advice (Moderator: TooNuts)
| | |-+  Fuel pump is dead.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fuel pump is dead.....  (Read 2089 times)
dysfunction8

« on: February 16, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »

Ok, last week my Mallory 4150 fuel pump went out, 1 whole month after the warranty was up (my luck as usual)...So, I am wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt one of these pumps, and also what other affordable quality pumps may be out there in case the brushes aren't what's wrong with this thing....any suggestions?
TooNuts
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »

Call them and ask how much it would cost for a rebuild.
D.M.W.L  408 Clevor Engine,  6.08 @ 112mph .. Street Car with Race Features!
Thanks to the Lord and my friends. Joe,Monty,Bam,Robert and any other TNR member who has help me.
dysfunction8

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »

I have already gotten ahold of them....they told me that if it was still under warranty, it was my best bet....they do sell rebuild kits, but after taking it apart, one of the magnets is broken in half, and it had gotten so hot that it had started melting the copper windings on the brushes....they sell the brushes, but I don't think I can get the magnets....here's some pics.

my63

Defending myself from the DLWM crowd

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »

Depending on your definition of affordable, Aeromotive & Magnafuel are the best out there.

It isn't very affordable if it doesn't last or isn't rebuildable.

Just my 2 cents worth
1963 Fairlane Bracket Car, 408", C-4, Canfields, Vic Jr. E-85
Thanks to: Mark Sullens, www.marksullense85carburetors.com www.rebco-machine.com
dysfunction8

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »

very true....the pump I had was way more than I really needed, and with the car going for more street than track, I think something smaller will suit me just fine.....I know aeromotive's are a bit pricey by my standards, but I had contemplated magnafuel for a while....I need to go check and see what their smaller ones pump
my63

Defending myself from the DLWM crowd

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »

I agree with the pricey part, lol. My Aeromotive A2000 has run 3 seasons now on E85 without a hicup, although it i a track only car.
It hurt writing that initial check, but hopefully, it lasts longer than I do.  :grin:
1963 Fairlane Bracket Car, 408", C-4, Canfields, Vic Jr. E-85
Thanks to: Mark Sullens, www.marksullense85carburetors.com www.rebco-machine.com
dysfunction8

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »

well, I had to take a hard look at the finances, and to help with the issue, I bought a QFT return style fuel pressure regulator, and all the pushlok fuel line and fittings I need to turn the dead head setup into a return style. However, it meant that I didn't have as much for a fuel pump, so, I took a shot in the dark, and decided to try the summit brand street/strip pump....it has the same specs as the mallory that failed (140gph free flow, max 14 psi, etc), and it looks like it's a reboxed holley or mr gasket, so we'll see when it shows up
TooNuts
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »

I hope it works out for ya. I think it be ok! I bought my fuel setup used, i know i take chances but it was way cheap couldnt pass it up.
D.M.W.L  408 Clevor Engine,  6.08 @ 112mph .. Street Car with Race Features!
Thanks to the Lord and my friends. Joe,Monty,Bam,Robert and any other TNR member who has help me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »