TNR Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2017, 04:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
62496 Posts in 4597 Topics by 383 Members
Latest Member: carbed79
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  TNR Forum
|-+  TNR Motorcycles
| |-+  Motorcycle Power Adders (Moderator: Ft. Campbell Busa)
| | |-+  Nitrous and Progressive Controllers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nitrous and Progressive Controllers  (Read 1433 times)
Ft. Campbell Busa

« on: October 07, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »

I am posting this here because I just noticed that the other Nitrous section is under LS1 stuff. This is a GENERAL nitrous question for all. So, here is the issue. If you were or are currently running a progressive controller; do you also pulse your fuel solenoid on a wet kit? Please state reason for doing it or not. I have my own theory and would like to hear some others. I know the directions on one specific controller if followed would also pulse the fuel solenoid. I do not find this beneficial. Here are my reasons. On a wet kit, especially a low pressure system like on a carb; you may have fuel pressure down to say 5psi at the solenoid. The nitrous solenoid may have 1000 psi of N2O. If both are pulsed at the same time then I think it would create a lean condition. This is already observed at the initial hit with a low pressure kit when on a dyno without a progressive momentarily. I would prefer to leave the fuel solenoid alone and "richen" up things which will soften up the hit of nitrous and allow a faster build time or higher shot to be used. Any comments?
Fast Nasty
2007 GSXR 1000 Lock up, N2O, Sidewinder, stretched, and slammed 5 sec street bike!
Turbo Nasty
83 Buick T-Type.....87 GN Intercooled, Meth Injected, 70mm Turbo, BG down pipe, Magnaflow, 60lb Inj!
Black Nasty
2006 GSXR 1300(SOLD)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »